Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Read It! Build It! Write It!

These tiles are from the game Nab-It by Hasbro.  The game was on clearance at Wal-Mart so I picked it up.  We have played a few different games using the tiles.  We have done a version of scrabble mixed where we can build up and take turns.  We also play the read it, build it, write it game which is shown below.  I downloaded game mats for free from homeschoolcreations.com.  I give the kids a word with the phonics pattern we are working on.  They have to build the word with the tiles, write it and then to earn their point they have to say the word phonetically for me.  
This week we were practicing r controlled words.
They try to earn the most points in their group. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, love your blog! I just found you and love your ideas and pictures. :o) I'm your neweest follower.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! :) I'm still new to the world of blogging but I to search the web for good ideas and decided it might be fun to share some of the ideas that inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete