Monday, July 22, 2013
I love orange tic tacs and Walmart sells these giant boxes of them. After I finished my tic tacs I knew there had to be some use for the empty boxes. And viola! Dice shakers! Might be a fun way to change up a simple math dice game. They don't have to open it to see their roll and dice don't get tossed halfway across the room.
Friday, July 12, 2013
I'm going to do Daily 5 for the first time this year so I'm spending the summer getting materials created. Made check for understand marks out of file folders. Going to get them laminated and have the kids use them when they partner read.
Monday, July 8, 2013
Made 2 behavior bingo posters for less than $2! Got a two pack of blank calendar posters, a two pack of calendar numbers, and glue sticks. I cut and pasted the calendar to make it a 5x5, glued the numbers down and viola! I printed the monsters on card stock to use as markers. Just need to have it laminated. I will write the numbers 1-25 on tokens (poker chips work great) the students will have to earn the chance to draw a number. We will mark that number with a monster and when they get 5 in a row they get a reward as a class, like a game day or a special treat.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
We are studying the layers of the earth. Yesterday the students made models of he earth using homemade play dough. I made the dough using 1 cup flour,1 cup water, 1/2 cup salt, 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp cream of tartar and food coloring. Mix it all in a pot over low heat until it starts to stick together and forms a ball. Let it cool then put it in a bag or Tupperware. I made one batch for the core (red) and crust (brown-make orange then add a drop of blue until you get the brown you want) and then two batches of the outer core (orange) and the mantle (yellow).
Posted by Ms. Cox at 7:01 AM
Sunday, February 10, 2013
For our story and a craft on Friday we are read the story The Princess and the Pea. Our wonderful aide cut out 6"x1" strips of scrapbook paper for the blankets and we used craft sticks for the bed frame. I hot glued a mini green pony bead on their construction paper as the pea. They used 10 pieces of scrapbook paper and then drew their own princesses on top. They did a great job!!
Posted by Ms. Cox at 8:14 PM